Monday, January 26, 2009

A Spring Winter "Hybrid"...

You know that feeling when it is towards the end of January, it is still freezing out, and you are making a winter themed card, but can't stand to see any more blue and white? I had that feeling when I made this next card. SO, I decided to change it up a little.

Hero Arts has that adorable Christmas Owls stamp set, and while I didn't end up using them for my Christmas cards (like I thought I would), they have become indispensable for winter cards. How can anyone resist these adorable owls bundled up in cute little sweaters? I sure couldn't!!!



I took my Basic Grey Urban Prairie Corn Husk paper, ran it through my Cuttlebug (I love that thing!) with the Snow Dots embossing folder, and then used some ColorBox Chestnut Roan chalk ink to bring the embossing out...just a few strokes here and there and what was originally an optical illusion type embossing turned out quite well instead!

Oh, and then I took my Prima flowers (they are the Autumn Green ones) and used Crystal stickles on four of the flowers and I used the small snowflake stamp that comes with the Christmas owls on the other three. Didn't those turn out adorable!

And of course the final touch is that adorable little owl in his warm little sweater! Too cute!

Stamps: Hero Arts (cl238) Owl Christmas
Paper: Basic Grey Urban Prairie Corn Husk
Flowers: Prima Flowers Autumn Green
Stickles, Crystal; Brown Rhinestones

No comments: