Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A few cardboard-y cards...

...I think I am going to submit that word to Webster's dictionary. "Cardboard-y." I think that's a word? OK, so anyways! I made a few cards the other day using really natural cardstocks and whatnot. I was kind of in a "vintage, natural, collage-y (another made up word!)" mood, so I went with it and here is what I finished up with:


Love this stamp! (I was going to give the stamp back to you, Mom, but now I'm not so sure!!!) I "rediscovered" it as I was challenging myself to use stamps I don't use very often. The stamp is from Pacific Stamp Exchange (sadly out of business). And aren't those little waffle-like Prima flowers just adorable? Too cute.


This card was a lot of fun...mostly because I used the stamp I won for my honorable mention from Hero Arts (I wasn't even expecting a prize, so it was a surprise!) The ledger paper is from KI Memories Love, Elsie.

And this is the last card I made. I used Stampin' Up stamps (I got them at a garage sale a few years ago and hadn't used them) and some stamps by Stampedous (the bigger bees, "Bee Happy," and the flower background.) I stamped the flowers using VersaMark. And I have to give a huge "Thank You" to my hubby...he so sweetly stopped what he was doing at the time to color the beehive and bees for me since I had burned my thumb and pointer finger on the tops of the knuckles and couldn't hold a pencil! He's definitely a keeper!

Well, thanks for looking! Have a great day!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

These are very pretty...I really like the first card with the stamped image. What a gorgeous image :)

Anonymous said...

I can't decide what's cuter...the bee card or the fact that your dh colored it for you :-) That is just too sweet!

Anonymous said...

Love the look of these. I think the natural colors are very effective!