Monday, November 10, 2008

A Parisian Love Affair...

Ever since I took french in high school, I have been in love with France, and especially Paris. I almost had the opportunity to go to Paris my senior year, but 9/11 happened so they cancelled the trip. And now, I have started to brush up on my French and I dream of the day that my husband and I take the trip there. It will be when we are retired most likely, and when I have overcome my fear of flying...but anyways. So until then, I have to comfort myself with looking at photos of Paris, dreaming of decorating my scrapbook room in a Parisian style, and most recently, making lots of cards with French script and the Eiffel Tower!

So, here are some of the cards I made:







The Eiffel Tower stamp is by Stampabilities, and the French Script stamp is by Hero Arts. All Patterned Paper is by Making Memories. On the second and third card, I used masking techiniques that I learned over at twopeasinabucket.com during their stamp camp. The link to the class is here. The second card I used the reversed masking technique on to create round area of french script, and the third card I used the basic masking technique. What a fun technique, and it really can give cards a little extra pizazz.

Have a good day!

3 comments:

Wingnut said...

These cards are really beautiful!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

These are all very nice and really give you the feel of France. I too have always wanted to go to Paris. I was in Europe with my sister for a month back in 1986 but we never made it to France. Maybe someday...

Anne said...

Hi, Amanda! I really like this set of cards! I especially like the second one, where you've used a mask to make the text "appear" within a circle. And with the tower over top. Love them!