Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I want to wish everyone reading this a very Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope that you have plenty of blessings to be thankful for! This year I sent out Thanksgiving cards, and while I am sure a few of them will be late (Sorry!) I wanted to share the card I made for Thanksgiving.



All stamps are Hero Arts. I just love this stamp set!

OK, I started by stamping the pumpkin on cream cardstock with VersaFine ink in Jet Black. While I waited for the ink to dry, I used the cream cardstock to make the card and inked the edges with Chestnut Roan ColorBox Chalk Ink. (I know, what a shock! I need to buy that ink pad in quantities I use so much of it!)

Next, I took the fall flourish and stamped it onto the card in Amber Clay Colorbox Chalk ink. I followed up with the Many Blessings to You stamp stamped in (wait for it...) Chestnut Roan Colorbox Chalk Ink.

Then, I took a dark brown piece of cardstock, stamped the fall leaf border all along it in VersaMark, and trimmed it down to about 2 1/2" x 4", used a corner rounder on the bottom corners, and inked it with, yet again, Chestnut Roan Colorbox Ink.

After that, I colored the pumpkin, trimmed it into a nice little square, rounded the corners, and trimmed a piece of green cardstock to have about a 1/8" border or so around the pumpkin piece. I inked them both with, of course, my Chestnut Roan ink, glued the pumpkin piece onto the gree piece. I adhered the pumpkin piece onto the card (with the brown piece already on there) with 3D Dots.

I forgot to take a picture before I sent the cards out, but on the inside of the card, I stamped Happy Thanksgiving in the center and then used the Turkey stamp that came with the set in the bottom right corner.

Thanks for looking! I hope your Thanksgiving was great and that you didn't overstuff yourself at dinner!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Amanda! This is one of my favorite stamps sets, too! Love your card! :-)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very nice Thanksgiving card.