Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yikes!

I'm really terrible at remembering to post on here lately!!!! What's worse is even in my last post I mentioned how I would put some stuff up on here in the next few days...and that was 3 weeks ago!!!! I'm really hoping for two things to get here soon: 1) Get my mojo back! I have a pile of stuff sitting on my kitchen table just calling out for me to work on...and lo and behold there it still sits!!! 2) Start putting stuff on here more often! I used to be pretty religious about posting...now, not so much!

Alrighty. That being said, I actually do have something to post today. It's a little late, but it is the cards I made for family and friends for July 4th. I love how these turned out...and they were a blast to make. Simple and easy!


Supplies: Sizzix star die, Studio G July 4th Stamps, Marvy 2 1/2" Scallop Punch, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, 3D dots, colored pencils, gold gel pen, and red chalk ink pad. Blue and White cardstock

This was so easy to make once I got a system going! I cut the 2 1/2" scalloped circles out of blue cardstock, cut the stars out of white cardstock using my cuttlebug and Sizzix die, and then embossed the stars. I did that after I stamped the insides of all the cards. On the firecracker, I used a gold gel pen on the fuse, and colored in the sentiment with colored pencils.

I also inked the edges of the card front with the red chalk ink that I used on the firecracker stamp. And I didn't take a picture of it, but I stamped an American flag on the front of each envelope.
Then, I just put it all together! So simple, and so fun! Thanks for looking!


No comments: