Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A few more elephant cards...I just can't resist!

Hello all!

I have two more cards that I made with those adorable Hero Arts elephant stamps! I just love these guys!

On this first card, I sewed the BasicGrey patterned paper and the cream cardstock. Oh, and the back paper is from an old reader's digest book. I just crumpled it up and used DistressInk Tea Dye on it. I love how it looks! It is for a friend of mine...who is a guy, and I always have the hardest time making "masculine" cards. (Even for my hubby!) And since it's for my friend's birthday, I drew a little cupcake on the elephant's nose.



Stamps: Hero Arts Elephants (CL280)
Ink: Tim Holtz's Distress Ink Tea Dye, ColorBox Chalk Inks Chestnut Roan, VersaFine Jet Black
Markers: Close to my Heart Spring Blossom
Patterened Paper: Basic Grey Boxer "Pocket Watch" and "Corduroy"
Flowers: Prima Marketing Aututmn Green
Brown and Mustard Rhinestone, Gelly Roll Stardust Clear pen

And the next card is with one of the sayings from the elephant set. The tree stamp is Hero Arts, and the hearts on the pink cardstock (I'm not sure if you can see them well in the picture) are Heidi Grace Designs. I used some Icicle Stickles on the edge on top of the green ink. (And I somehow managed to get some of the pieces a little crooked...whoops!)


Stamps: Hero Arts Elephants (CL280), Swirl Tree (E4935), and Heidi Grace stamps
Ink: VersaFine Jet Black, Colorbox Chalk Ink Lime Pastel, Orchid Pastel, and Lavendar, VersaMark ink
Heart Puffy Stickers: K&Company
Icicle stickles, clear rhinestones, and Scallop scissors (ProvoCraft)

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Cute cards! :-)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the cupcake you drew on the trunk of the elephant and the sentiments on both cards.

alilbit said...

Very nice blog Amanda- You are very creative! :)

thescrapmaster said...

Those are really cute cards! I am Samantha (thescrapmaster) from VintagePlum, I just clicked on your blog :)